Wednesday, December 26, 2012

From Hermit to Vacation

So I did end up spending Christmas Day (and Boxing Day) here at home alone.  And you know what?  It wasn't so bad.  I did think about volunteering somewhere, but as it got closer, I was actually looking forward to having the time off of work to just relax and I still had some knitting to do on Mom's Christmas gift and a couple other knitting projects to finish before I leave.  So that's what I did!  The real bonus?  It's been really cold out ( it's -20 C right now, getting down to -27 overnight), so I picked up a few groceries on my way home from work on Monday so I would not have to set foot outside the past two days.  And that's exactly what I've done.

I'm a wee bit anxious about going to work tomorrow.  Two of the three other ladies from my office are on vacation this week, so only Shauna and I are there.  She was sick pretty much all last week.  She came to the office for a few hours on Friday, but actually threw up in her trashcan before finally going home again.  Now it's been six days so I would sure hope that she's better by now, but if she came to the office Friday when she was still clearly sick, I'm a little apprehensive that she'll do it again tomorrow.  For one thing, I really don't do well listening to people vomit.  It makes my stomach churn.  But more than that, I leave town in just a few days, so this is the last time that I want to get sick.  Granted, if I didn't catch anything last week, I'm hoping that I'll be okay, but still.  I just really hope that she's either better or that she stays home.

Speaking of my vacation, I feel like I'm just itching to go!  Saturday is going to be a really long day since I have to leave my house at about 4 AM to go the airport.  I have two flights, but we're flying into a city with a major airport, since their town is not major, although we'll be spending a few days in that city before we fly home again.  So once I meet up with Mom at our quasi-destination, we still have to drive 4 1/2 hours to get to Tim and Ann's house, so it'll probably be 10 PM before we get there.  Oy.  But it'll be worth it.  I'm so excited to get there and to see them, especially Tim, of course.  We've spoken a few times in the last several weeks and I know we're both looking forward to spending some time together.  We'll be well-behaved, but just to get to talk and visit will be great.  I'm also just looking forward to getting some time with family, getting to see some new cool stuff, and having a break from the status quo.  Doesn't that sound like a great vacation?

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home