Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Decision Made

For any of you who know me at all outside of this blog, I know I've already requested that everything here be kept secret, but let me reiterate that, especially in the case of this post.

I've decided for sure now that if/when this job ends, I'm moving back to the States. When I initially started thinking about this possibility, I found two cities that had a lot of what I was looking for in a place to live. I've been in enough different places that I have quite a few qualifications for where I want to live if I'm just choosing a place, like I am now. One city was more in the west and was the city that Mom and I flew in and out of when we made our trip over New Year's to see Tim and Ann, which means that I'd be about 4-5 hours from them, as well as some other family members in a couple other spots. The other city is more towards the east. It's about three hours south of Mom, Meat, and my hometown. I did a lot of thinking and praying and researching about these two cities.

I'm going east. I plan to move to Kentucky.

There were a few main things that prompted me to make that decision. One is that I would be closer to friends and family than I've been in a long time. As I said, Mom and Meat would be about three hours north of this city. I have an aunt and cousin that are about half way in between. And Jiffy lives a few hours west of this city. I really miss my two best friends and I want to be able to spend more time with them. I hate that their kids are growing up without even knowing me.

Even though I've drawn the line with Tim, I think being that close to him would be too tempting. Even though their home would be 4+ hours away, Tim is often on the road working and would regularly be closer to that city. It's a whole lot easier to do the right thing when the temptation is 2,000 miles away. I'd like to think that I would and could continue to do the right thing were I living in that city, but I also know myself (and Tim) well enough to know that that might not turn out to be true.

I spoke with Tim at one point last week and told him of my decision to live in KY instead of his state. I told him about wanting to be closer to people there, which didn't surprise him at all. But then I also told him that I thought it would be too tempting for both of us. He was disappointed, and said as much, but said that it was probably the right decision. He said that if I were living nearby it would be tempting and there's a good chance we'd get in trouble.

I didn't bother to tell Tim that the city in KY has a much better water quality and that there are many more doctors per person there than the western city. Something told me that he wouldn't care much about those factors.

Of course, this is all up in the air since I have no idea what's going to happen with my job here. Based a couple little things I've learned just in the last week or so, I have an even stronger feeling that my job here is going to end sometime in the next six months. At this point, I wouldn't be completely surprised if they closed this office entirely. So, my gut says that I'll be out of a job before long, but that's really just a big fat guess. I have no idea what's going to happen.

I do know that it finally feels like time to move on.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Onward and upward!!!!

March 07, 2013 9:00 AM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Yay for moving back to the States!

March 07, 2013 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I moved back to my home state of KY a few months ago. It was the perfect time for the move. I just read that is where you plan on moving, when you're ready. Who knows...we could end up being good friends one day!!

March 24, 2013 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home