Saturday, November 09, 2013

I might get some sanity back soon

Once I was offered and started this new job, one of the first things I started thinking about was when I'd be able to move out into my own place.  I so appreciate Mom letting me stay with her for free all this time; I don't know how I would've ever been able to move back from Edmonton otherwise.  But I deeply miss having my own place and I can't wait to move out.


I started looking around online and contacted one rental management company to see what they had available.  I may have inadvertently hit the jackpot.  This company is currently building brand new one bedroom places that are literally a 2-minute drive from my new job.  They're due to be finished at the end of November.  Wait, there's more!  They're only building 14 of them, so they're two rows of one-story apartments... which means there would be no one living above or below me!  Wait, there's more!  Along with the regular (new) appliances a washer and dryer are also included, which I was really hoping to find in a place to live.  Wait, there's more!  Attached to each one-story, brand new apartment that is two minutes from my job is a one-car GARAGE!!  A garage!!  Peachie would be able to park inside every night!

The nice thing about all this is that the rent is not bad.  It's a little more than I really wanted to spend, but frankly, I think it would be worth it.  This is the kind of place I could move into and stay for quite a while if I wanted to.  I have an appointment with the property manager to check out one of the units on Monday after work, so I'll see in a couple days if I like the layout and everything.  But, really, I can't imagine disliking it enough to negate everything else that I already like about it.  I've already gone past it to see what it's like from the outside, and even get an idea of maybe which unit I'd want, if I get the choice.

I may have just found my new home.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous qc said...

I hope it works out for you, Suzy. A new job, a new start and a new home: your life is on the up and up.

Also, I agree with you about the washer/dryer. When I first went to the USA I was really surprised that most apartment complexes has communal laundries. I grew out of lugging my laundry to a separate spot when I stopped being a student!

November 12, 2013 4:03 PM  
Blogger Bearette said...

Yay for new homes!

November 13, 2013 9:00 AM  
Blogger This Suzy said...

As it turned out, the apt is too expensive for me. There's a $25 a month fee for lawn maintenance and snow removal, which basically means the rent is $25 higher, and it's just out of my reach. There are some other good options, though, so I'm not upset about it. Just gotta find the right fit!

November 18, 2013 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home