Friday, November 01, 2013

My phone is smarter now

I'm three weeks into this new job and am still really enjoying it.  It's fun to work with and for someone I already know.  Andrew and I seem to be clicking as coworkers and I think we're going to make a good team.  I'm happy that I have this job.

Kristy is still showing up regularly, but not quite as much as it was the first couple weeks.  I think she's just desperate for attention, and while I'm friendly towards her, I try not to engage her in conversation too much.  I just don't want to hear her talk more about herself and all her complaints any more than I absolutely have to.


I feel like I'm about five years behind, but I finally got my first smart phone!  When I came back from Edmonton, I had hoped to keep the flip phone that I had used there because I liked it and I didn't feel like I needed anything more.  But because of the way cell companies work, I couldn't just buy a new SIM card and put it in the phone, so I had to get a whole new phone.  This was just a week or two after I got to Ohio, and since I didn't have an income, I didn't want to pay for a big new phone and big new phone contract.  So I bought the cheapest phone they had, which was $15, and have been doing the prepaid month-to-month things since then.


Well, once I realized that I was going to be staying in Ohio permanently, I decided that I wanted to get an Ohio cell number.  Different area codes aren't such a big deal any more, but it was going to bug me to have a Lexington number without ever having lived in Lexington.  Plus, I hadn't even given my cell number to that many people yet, so it wouldn't be difficult to have a new one again already.  In addition to that, the cheap crappy cell phone I bought only five months ago was already falling apart.  I'd be upset, but what do you expect from the cheapest one there?  I thought about changing my number and not yet getting a brand new phone.  Brother got a new smart phone not long ago, and the phone he'd had before that was the same flip phone that I'd last used in Canada.  I even got his old phone from him, thinking I might just put a new SIM card in that one, still going month-to-month, so that I wouldn't be shelling out a bunch of money right now.


I decided against it.


After doing a little research, I found a phone that wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg (with a contract), so I ordered it Monday evening and it arrived yesterday!  It's so exciting to have a nice phone.  I'm not even sure what all I can do with it yet, but it'll be fun to figure it out.  Since it's my first smart phone, I feel like I have a little catching up to do, but that's okay.  I'm happy with it.  :-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bearette said...

iPhone or android?

November 03, 2013 11:47 AM  
Blogger This Suzy said...

Android. I got a Moto X, and I'm still really liking it!

November 09, 2013 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home