Friday, May 16, 2014

It all depends on the day

My last post was rather depressing, wasn't it?  It's not that I don't still feel that way sometimes, but it's not all the time.  In fact, not long ago I was talking my cousin Kyra and said, "If it weren't for the complete lack of sex, this wouldn't be such a bad deal!"  And it's true.  I have friends and family around here, which is nice.  I really like my job and, because I work with a bunch of guys, I get to have fun joking around with some occasional harmless flirting thrown in.  But a lot of times I still love having my own place to retreat to, especially if it's been a long day.  That's not so bad, right?  It's just a real lack of affection and intimacy that I'm missing.  And that part really sucks.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kitty said...

Suzy, I can relate. The single years I spent consolidating a life my own were both fulfilling and lonely. And when I was lonely, it was because, like you, I missed that intimacy and affection.

But I don't see you as somebody on your own forever. You come across as warm and affectionate and those are traits that others will appreciate, too; it is just sometimes hard to interact in the social groups necessary to meet the people you want to meet.

May 17, 2014 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home